We don't become part of the land, she becomes part of us.
When I first came to Colorado I was awe struck, everything I have ever wanted in nature's adventure was tangible and right before me. Over the past serveral years I would find myself always finding ways to come back, I even married some of my friends in the Rockies. I finally decided to move here, the pull to be here was so strong. I didn't realize until being here full time that it was my connection. Like a past life calling me home. Whenever I leave, even for a short while, I can feel the mountains calling me home. It is the first time I have ever felt homesick for a place. This place to me is so magical and it is mainly becuase I feel the connection to the land. Once I moved here I began my journey to connect fully and create roots. The more I do this, the more I can hear the land. I am more aware of surroundings, I can tell when weather is going to change, animals nearby, and more.
The mountains were my calling, my calling home.
When you feel a connection to the land, to nature, to the magical world around you, you'll start to feel charged with the energy and life force of Mother Nature herself. You will find the wild no longer scares you and being outside is something you crave more and more. You start to feel the nature spirits crawl out from hiding to bless you with messages. You find more grounding, more powerful magic, and increased lust for adventures. It's starts small, but with each new path, each time you speak with your land, the more connected you'll become. Check out my video below (new camera, new to recording) of my new find, North Table Mountain. The start is intense, a 5% incline for half a mile, gets me every time. But once you're up top it's an incredible world all its own.
- Walk barefoot in the woods
- Stand in a body of water
- Find the most powerful area nearest you and meditate
- Run through the woods, no music or headphones, feel the beat of the earth as your feet hit the ground
- Perform a Ritual to Mother Nature asking to be more connected to her
- Volunteer to clean up a local park
- Go camping
- Meditate outside
- Lay under a tree and speak with it
- Ask and Thank before you take, pluck, or create anything with nature
- Bring a traveling altar and perform a spell outside
- Bring a friend and have a fairies picnic
- Always see the beauty in even the smallest part
- Share your love of your land with others