Your Chakra System
Chakra, or wheel, is an energy center in our body which energy flows and is continuously spinning. The Chakras connect our physical body to our energetic body. When the Chakras are balanced and free flowing of energy, we feel energetic, positive, happy and enriched. When are Chakras are blocked, we become, sluggish, sick and negative.
It is important to learn about your Chakras and how they relate within us. Each center has a specific purpose for our energetic and physical wellbeing. Through the Chakra system we can create health, emotional stability, and even spiritual bliss. The chart above shows the seven Chakras and were they are located.
I first became aware of the Chakra system when I was introduced to yoga. It became clear to me after just a few sessions that there was something to creating a healthy energy flow throughout my body. By now I am able to know when one of my Chakras is out of line and with the help of Reiki ( Energy healing) I am able to help unblock them.
Each Chakra has an important role to play but together they create the rainbow of life. I put together a helpful chart of your Chakra system, key words and descriptions to help you in your pursuit of balance.
Root Chakra- Red: Base of Spine:
- Element of Earth
- Security, grounding, trust, survival, self preservation, and the desire to be in the physical world
- Helps with manifestations
- Sense: Smell
- Physical connection: Kidney, bladder and spine
- Overreactive: Can be possessive and fearful
- Deficient: Victim mentality and loss of home
- It is the seat of physical vitality and the fundamental urge to survive. It regulates those mechanism which keep the physical body alive. It is the chakra whose main aspect is innocence.
Sacral Chakra- Orange: Below the Belly button:
- Element of Water
- Relationships, empathy, sexuality, and emotions
- Helps with wellbeing, connections, and Change
- Sense: Taste
- Physical connection: Reproductive organs and legs
- Overreactive: Manipulative, controlling, lustful and addictive
- Deficient: Co-dependent, matyr syndrom, submissive, and shut down
- It is the center for creating relationships of all kinds. It is where we develop an inward sense of self and an outward awareness of others, ego, sexuality, and family and defined as we work with this energy. The feelings of other people are directly perceived through this chakra’s energy
Solar Plexus- Yellow: Above the Belly Button:
- Element of Fire
- Will Power, joy and motivation
- Helps with self esteem, transformation, vitality, energy and speaking your truth
- Sense: Sight
- Physical connection: Pancreas, stomach and liver
- Overreactive: Egotistical, self absorbed, and the desire to take control
- Deficient: Poor self worth, feels disliked, needing to "do" all the time
- It is the place where physical energy is distributed and is the center for unrefined emotions or personal power. It is the center of complete satisfaction and contentment.
Heart Chakra- Green: Center of Chest:
- Element of Air
- Compassion, love and self acceptance
- Helps with balance of emotions, harmony and integration
- Sense: Touch
- Physical connection: Heart, Lungs and circulation
- Overreactive: Inappropriate emotional expression, and poor emotional boundaries
- Deficient: ruthless, no heart and can't feel emotions
- It is the center of unconditional affection, spiritual growth, compassion and love. It is the bridge that connects the lower and higher energies and is the place where our spirit or true self lies.
Throat Chakra- Light Blue: Throat:
- Element of Ether
- Communication, creativity and intuition
- Helps with self expression and the desire to speak our truth
- Sense: hearing
- Physical connection: Thyroid, throat and upper lungs
- Overreactive: Willful, controlling, judgemental and hurtful
- Deficient: lacking faith and creative expression
- This is the center for communication, self-expression and creativity, where the inner voice of one’s truth is expressed. It is the chakra of diplomacy, pure relationships, and playful detachment.
Third Eye Chakra- Indigo: Forehead:
- Element of Light
- Knowingness, intuition and perception
- Helps with self mastery, wisdom and imagination
- Sense: Sixth Sense
- Physical connection: Pituitary gland, spine and lower brain
- Overreactive: Overly intelectual and analytical
- Deficient: Unclear thoughts and delusions
- It is the seat of intuition and direct spiritual vision; where we visualize things through our “third eye” of intuitive knowledge. The opening of one's third-eye corresponds with spiritual awakening. It is the chakra of forgiveness and compassion.
Crown Chakra- Violet: Top of the head:
- Element of Spirit
- Unification of colors (the Charka system itself)
- Helps with Intelligence, bliss and Divine wisdom
- Sense: Connection
- Physical connection: Pineal Gland
- Overreactive: cult leader and ego manic
- Deficient: no spiritual inspiration or aspiration
- This is the chakra that represents the highest level of consciousness and enlightenment. It is the connective center to spirit. It integrates all the chakras with their respective qualities, mastering the lower vibrational aspects of our being we reside in the full awareness that we are spiritual beings living a human existence
Each center has an integral function in creating our energetic balance. It is through the study of our energetic and physical being that we can create health, emotional stability and spiritual bliss. In order for us to become fully self-realized and in harmony with our physical and spiritual nature our denser lower energies need to be harmonized with the lighter energies of the upper centers.
Ways to balance and charge your Chakras:
- Self Care and Love
- Healthy Relationships
- Connection to your Divine
- Reiki Sessions and Energy Healing
- Trying new things
- Hula Hooping
- Using Crystals and Stones
- and eating healthy meals!