Strong, Beautiful and Extremely Powerful
What we can learn from Maleficent's character
- Playful and Youthful Spirit: As Maleficent is younger she enjoys her surroundings just as they are. She has such a playful spirit as she flies around saying hello to everyone. Waking up each day with a new found sense of adventure ad joy.
- Honoring and respecting Nature: Maleficent and Aurora respects the woods and all that surrounds it. Helping nature to grow and allowing it to be a part of them. When you go for a walk do you look at the trees, the ground, the animals? Have you ever noticed how much we as the human race have taken away from natural habitats? Maleficent was fighting to protect her home and the forest knowing that her enemies only wanted to destroy the magic of her lands.
- Greed: Greed is one if the biggest issues in our world today. It fuels most of the negativity that we find attacking us. In Maleficent greed is shown through the thirst for power and how it destroys one man's life and effects those around him. We can learn from this by seeing how competing and being selfish in our endeavors only hurts ourselves and those we love.
- A strong powerful female: Maleficent is a very strong woman, she leads, commands and defends that which she believes in. We need more of this in our world. Women we are extremely powerful, it is only the fear and greed of others that likes to tell us otherwise. Speak your truth and honor that which you love.
- Dealing with a broken heart and letting love heal it: When Maleficent's heart was broken she did what any woman would do, retaliate. She took it out on her betrayer by cursing his child. This happens when we get our hearts broken, we curse them and feel as if love doesn't exist but then little by little love enters back into our hearts. Friends and family help remind us of who we are and slowly we begin to believe in love again. Before we know it our heart is mended and we become stronger than before.
- The power of friendship: Maleficent makes a friend in her faithful servant, Diaval. through everything that she does or says to him he still stands by her side in the end. This showing the real power of friendship. Friends help us to grow and learn. they hold us through the tough times and laugh with us on the good. When you need them, even when we think we don't, they show up ready to help when needed.
- Giving girls a strong female character: One of my favorite things about this movie is it gives girls/women a strong female character to inspire them. Maleficent and even Aurora, show that they don't need someone to save them. They have all the power inside to help them to push forward. They are smart, funny and caring. Now it does have a prince and talks about true love but it is nice to show that Maleficent and the love of a mother is what saves the girl and not the prince and kiss of true love. He ends up coming to her with respect at the end and just like Frozen the women save each other.
- Forgiveness: This is my absolute favorite thing about this movie Forgiveness is one of the hardest things we as humans must learn. Forgiveness for others and forgiveness for ourselves. You can forgive someone for hurting you by understanding why they did it but you don't have to excuse them for it. Forgiveness allows us to release the burden we place on our selves by continuously giving someone else your power. Also, when you forgive yourself for your mistakes and your learning process you end up growing and moving on towards bigger and better things.