I was reading back through my notebook and saw a blog I wanted to write about ways to heal after a breakup. At first I was all nervous, bringing up old wounds, but recently I have been doing a lot of healing and needed to share.
Ten Ways To Get Over That Ex And Move On!
- First things first: Let it out! Don't be ashamed of letting out your hurt, when we hold it in the pain just settles and it takes that much longer to remove.
- Make a list: Take some time and write down the good and the bad memories that you shared. This part can be hard but by writing it down and letting yourself the chance to step outside the relationship.
- Make a pact with your friends: I made a pact with my friends that every time I thought of calling/texting my ex I would text or call them.
- Self healing: Meditation helps a lot during this period, it helps to calm the mind and work out the areas that need to heal.
- Take time for yourself: Take all the time you need to heal. We all heal on different levels. Some can heal in just a few shorts weeks and others years. Don't shame yourself for your process.
- Remember who you are: Now that you have new found independence and freedom take time to explore who you are. Take a new hobby, remember an old hobby. Step outside the comfort zone and take a class.
- Take yourself out: Go out on self dates when ever possible. There is something awesome about taking your self to lunch and sitting outside with a good book.
- Allow forgiveness: Start to forgive yourself and allow the relationship to become a lesson. This will be a major shift for your growth.
- The box: Gather up any items that remind you of the relationship, old shirts, pictures, stuffed animals, etc. Donate the items that you can and get rid of the box. It is now time to move on!
- Remember its ok to go slow: If you are ready to test the waters again go for gold, if not remember its ok to take your time.