I woke up last Friday morning with a fire ignited in my gut and my heart filled with light and passion.
I decided to try out my old morning routine which got me started a few years ago. It was how I stayed happy and began my journey to where I am now. My routine; Wake up and before I put my feet on the ground, I say three things that I am grateful for. I follow this by saying good morning to my cats, plants and the sun, while boiling water for my tea. This is followed by 45-90min of hula hooping, dance and/or yoga. Once I get my energy up and mood lifted, I write in my journal and then prepare for my day. Let me just say, it was exactly what I needed. I felt free, alive and filled with purpose. The ideas started to flow and my mind was set at ease. By getting back on the proverbial horse I was able to get back to me. Go figure right? Let's be honest, if I talk the talk I must walk the walk, right? Well it was high time I started doing it again.
In the past few days I have paid closer attention to my heart. Listening to it, acknowledging what it wanted and nurturing what it really needed.
Your heart is a direct link to your spirit, true self, and your connection to the Divine, (The universe, God, or which ever you prefer). It wants you to go for what you love, crave and desire. My heart was practically screaming at me, yelling from the dark. I have tried to cover up my true desires and needs by pretending that they weren't "appropriate", or I would tell my self that I didn't have the time. It suddenly hit me that in the past few weeks I had been living contradictory to not only my beliefs but also my way of life.
I wasn't speaking my truth.
Another aspect of my life I was not focusing on was my spiritual practices. I have fallen off that train as well. But I am learning that life is a process, a journey, and I shouldn't get to hard on myself. I just had to get back up and pick back up. Read my books and blogs, practice yoga, and get back into my meditation. A couple of days ago I was scrolling through my Bloglovin' feed and came across a blog that read monthly horoscopes. Pretty cool, never really read a horoscope for more than a day before. So I scrolled down, searching for Aquarius and when I read the description I was baffled.
It was exactly what I was going through, even better it was mostly about finding my voice and my heart!
When we live, listening to our spirits and our hearts we are living like stars. Shining brightly for all to see. When you shine from within you are radiating confidence, happiness and empowerment. So let your light shine, listen to your heart and speak your truth.
~7 Things to know about your heart~
- Your heart loves the truth: Speaking, hearing and sharing. So say what you mean, tell people how you feel and make sure you are not compromising your happiness un-willingly.
- Your heart is the center of your perception and sensibility: Take your time and view all angles
- Your heart closes with judgement and selfishness: So be mindful of your thoughts and make sure you are doing things out of love, not for gain.
- Your heart is limitless: When you feed your heart it burns with power. It has no limit on the amount it can feel or do.
- Your heart naturally draws you to what you want/need: Do you fear you're not getting to your dreams? No worries, your heart has your back boo. It thrives on your true passions and your true calling. So the closer you get to your dreams the more your heart will grow.
- Your heart is your true guide: Are you stuck, don't know which way to turn? Just follow your heart. Let your heart guide you to your next journey. It's our best compass, directing us in the right direction.
- Your heart helps you to vibrate higher: When you act of love and not fear, you are a beacon of happiness. When you nourish your heart the positive vibes that you emit will help you attract positive things. So go out there and start loving!