Today my boyfriend went to Hawaii with his parents, and yup I'm staying behind in Atlanta. Separated by miles with little contact for seven days. This is going to be the longest time we've been apart in almost two years. The "past" me would love to let the ego come rolling in and spit ugly words in my ears, but the present me knows that I'll be fine. I will take the next week to get some much needed reflection time. Oh and its Mecury Retrograde.
Mecury in Retrograde is a three week period when the planet mercury appears to be in a backwards motion. This cuases most of us to experience CRAZY things going on in our lives. things like memory loss, losing time, things go missing, and the worst...the loss of all common sense. <----- This is going on for sure here in Atlanta in right now! Another thing that happens during the retrograde is our technology transforms into mini Decepticons. Which usally results in many of us yelling at the screens of our phones, laptops and sometimes our cars..."Why aren't you working!?" Keep calm, we will get through this.
Somethings NOT to do
- Do not make agreements: When you make major decisions during this time you can leave major things left unnoticed till the wrong time and then have regrets. For ex. If you buy a house during this time. When retrograde passes you might find out things about the property that were left out and in the end have buyers remorse. If you come up with ideas during this time write them down till the end of the cycle.
- Strating a new job: Now this one is tricky. I know we are coming out of a recession and times are hard. So keep in mind that if you get a certain job some things might be added or come up unexpected when the Retrograde is done. If you're prepared you'll be fine.
- No new projects: (Again I must stress if you have to bc of work, please don't get written up. Just go over everything two or three times.) I know you're probably hankering to start that new craft project, or plan a vacation thats long over do. Write down your ideas in a journal and wait it out. You wouldn't want to plan a trip only to get to the destination stress and worried. so be patient it will work out.
- Traveling: Traveling alot during this time can hold many unwanted surprises such as flight delays or missng luggage. Try to breath and travel as light as possible, and make sure you have all your iteneraries in order.
- Buy new toys: If you buy anything electronic you may find you bought a laptop that is going to be recalled, a phone that has glitches or a car that is a lemon. This also goes along with starting to projects and agreements. Signing contacts for cars or phones right now might yeild to regret down the road.
Something TO do
- Reflect: Reflecting on ones self can help grow the spirit and release any negative thoughts or energies inside. This is a good time to sit quietly and write a list of something you would like to work on when Mecury is out of Retrograde. Do you want to forgive someone, get healthier, have better connection with your friends?
- Meditate: When we meditate we go into a state of peace. It is a place all to our own and it is also a great way to work on healing ones self. Take a few minutes and go to a place where you wont be disturbed and sit in silence. Focus on your breath and heal yourself with positive energy. Focusing on working towards your reflection goals.
- Be Gentle with your self: You are going to be clumsy, tired, lazy, inarticulate and more. take it easy. You are going through a process and only time will fix whats going on. Believe me, I drop everything, stub my toes and forget things during this time. Sometimes I can't help to yell out WHY, but I know I just need to give myself some love.
So hang in there for the next couple of weeks, Retrograde ends on the first of July. Get ready to be sprung out into the sky, the arrow is being pulled back and can only go forward.