It's a rough world out there, wars, riots, entitlement, selfishness and other negative influences. We are constantly trying to rush, push and manage our ever growing list of things to do. Modern technology is limiting human contact more and more. Not to mention that the average person can just down right be nasty. Living in Atlanta for eight (omg has it really been almost a decade) years I have grown accustomed to horrble driving, ridiculous traffic, unbearable selfishness and everyone trying to out do the other person. Which I'm sure is what anyone in any major city has to deal with.
Over the years I have been told that I am to friendly or way to nice. How is this a bad thing? Now because of this I have tried to be mean, or tougher and it usually turned out to be a mess. It wasn't till I went through a massive amount of drama that I realized I actually enjoyed being nice. Once I accepted that being nice was actually something to be proud of, things became much easier for me. Now I'm not saying to become a doormat. Which some of us, including me, go through, but have a healthy balance. I have begun to notice how people react to me and being polite, most people don't know how to react. Yes, people don't know how to react to a nice person. This is a real thing.
If you take time to be nice to people, not only will you make their day better, you also will benefit. It has been proven that when you brighten someone's day you can't help but to feel happy. In the recent couple of years I have continued on my journey and on the way have been well rewarded by others and by life. I enjoy being nice and happy minded. I don't find niceness to be a flaw I find it a great strength.
My top five things to follow on practicing kindess everyday:
- Smile as simple as it seems smiling is one of the biggest ways to make another person happy. Seeing a person who smiles at you for no other reason but to wish well salutations is very powerful.
- Compliment someone. When someone looks nice tell them. Notice that they went out of their way, tell them thank you and how much it helped.
- Forgive this is a hard one. Today there are so many things to make people upset. They bottle it up and usually project it forward on to another. Best example-> retail. Relax breath and remember, it's not personal. (Also keep in mind that this also includes not letting people treat you like a door mat.)
- Gratitude when you wake up each day feeling grateful for all that you are and do spread that around. Show that you are happy in your life. Others respond to that. Like attracts like.
- You the key step in being kind is being kind to yourself. Compliment yourself. Be grateful and be happy.
What are some ways you show kindness?