Recently I read, Sacred Seduction, by Kitty Cavalier, and there is a part about having a carpet picnic for one. I was inspired by this and started to make it a routine practice. It is one thing to just sit in front of the tv on the floor and eating fast food. But is a completely different feeling when you play music, dress up, and place out an incredible layout that intrigues all your senses. Bonus points if you light candles.
I put together an easy check list of my favorite ways to create the perfect evening for one:
- Set the mood: Set up your picnic area. Place a beautiful blanket down, put candles around, and put on slow passionate music. I'm currently obsessed with the "Boho + Chill" playlist on spotify.
- Prepare the meal: Pick a meal that you prep, cook and present. A meal that you would love to eat on a date. Prepare the appetizers, main course and dessert. Take your time enjoying each moment of the meal you're creating.
- Dress the part: While your main dish is in the oven start getting ready for your solo date. Dress it up and don't hold back. That dress you bought last year that you never get to wear...yeah that one!
- Go slow, take in each moment: When putting the food out remember presentation is everything to your senses. As you eat go slow and really taste your food as it enters your mouth. Don't rush through good food. Act as if you will never taste this food ever again in your life. How does that change the way you see and taste your food.
- Pour some champagne, drink slowly: Or wine if that's your thing. Use fancy your fancy glasses and don't forget to make a toast to your future.
- Read from your favorite book: This is one of my favorite parts. I usually read some of my poetry books or some of Shakespeare's work. It also helps to pace yourself and pause for moments of enjoyment.
- Finish with a bubble or fizzy bomb bath: Finish your evening with a warm candle lit soak in the tub. Have some more champagne and kick your legs up, lay back and relax.
- Put on a sexy nightgown (naked's better): Nothing makes you feel sexier than going to bed on cool fresh sheets in a fancy nightgown or nothing but your bday suit. Rubbing your legs back and forth as if you are in a hotel's bed embrace. Let the fabric caress your skin and take pleasure in the seductive tone of your nerves in your skin as the blankets move across your body.
- Say I love you and turn of the lights: What is the one thing most of us crave to hear at the end of the night? So why not say this to ourselves? declare your love and gratitude for your evening and all that you do for yourself. As you drift off to sleep knowing you're well loved, well looked after and fully satisfied.