About last night...
While I would love to post about how great it was to have my boyfriend pull me out my hole, that is not what this entry is about. You see I woke up this morning and realized, I have forgotten to take care of myself. I have slacked on my routine, and slowly procrastinated on the things that help me from slipping. I never knew how easy it was to fall of the boat when you are helping others, but alas I did. But I noticed something this morning, maybe I was meant to go through this, maybe I was meant to feel super low to pick myself back up and move forward. I have looked back on the past several years and realized that every time I fell, had a spiral, melt down or got stuck, were all met with amazing results afterwards. I was once told, "An arrow can only be pulled back so far before it launches you into something great!". This means that when life is dragging you back be prepared for the launch into your next big thing. So stay focused and keep aiming towards your goal.
Releasing those negative emotions, feelings and thoughts
We put a lot of pressure on ourselves, times have taught us that we have to be great multi taskers, super humans and upstanding role models. We judge our worth by materialistic things, job positions, and money. Think about it, what is the most common questions at a party when meeting someone new? "What do you do?" Usually our first responses our what we do for a living or how we pay our bills. Most people font ask, what do you LIKE to do, what are your hobbies, dreams goals, etc. So when asked the question about what we do can lead us into those dreaded thoughts of judgement and self doubt. Unless of course you have your dream job, then by all means talk away. But for some that question can seem a tad bit annoying.
One of the biggest ways we dwell on negativity is by not feeling good enough. Our thoughts and mainly our egos, tell us that we are not capable to achieve things that we want. That is what happened last night which is why I wanted to blog about it today. I went through the seven layers of self hatred and by the time my boyfriend came home I was well on my way through the gates of personal hell. My ego and self doubt was in full force and I felt as if nothing I've done has meant a lick. I felt worthless, hated and unsuccessful. Then after a couple of hours we worked it out and he reminded me of who I was and how much I have achieved. He just kept saying, you are worth it, it's going to be ok and don't give on your dreams. Let's not also forget that even though it was hard to hear he reminded me that I needed to go back to the basics and coach myself as if I was coaching a client. Omg! At first my ego was screaming negativity from all corners of my mind. Coach myself, pish posh. But he was right I needed to go back through and get myself back on the horse. So that is what I did starting today!
My top ways to get through negative thoughts,feelings & emotions:
- Just breath, take some deep breaths and get centered.
- Listen to yourself. Why are you having this feeling? What is the reason behind this emotion or thought?
- Accept full responsibility for your actions, thoughts and feelings.
- Talk to your friends and those closest to you, sometimes an outsiders perceptive is the exact thing you need.
- Limit judgement of yourself and others harshly. You are no better than the next person and vice versa
- Let it go! I can't stress this enough. Let go of the past and honor it. Your past brings you to your present, it doesn't define it.
- Practice your gratitude. What makes you happy? What are you grateful for? What are all the things in your life, at this moment, that make you thankful to be here?
- Learn your signs, triggers and ticks.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. This is a big one for all of us, especially since the dawn of social media. We all are comparing our lives to each other. Judging and reacting to what we see as if it is completely true.
- Learn to acknowledge the ego and tell it to shove it. Use your intuition and let your heart be your guide.
- Learn to relax. Find out what helps you calm down and resets your energy. Practice meditation and yoga. Go for walks or call up a friend.
Remember, those of us who cry at night become stronger in the morning. So don't judge yourself when you fall apart, in fact sometimes it's needed. The important thing is once its done get back up and keep going. It's going to be alright! <3
Thanks for stopping by. Much love and big, big hugs!