An Afternoon At The High
This past Friday my friend and I went to see the High's latest exhibit, Iris van Herpen. While I appreciate fashion as an art, high fashion really isn't my bag of candy. This exhibit totally blew my mind. The pieces this woman creates are absolutely breath taking. The word of the day was definitely OMG!
It was as if we were at a futuristic fashion show. Dresses made from 3-d printed materials to burnt pieces of leather, it was amazing to see how this chick created them. I had quite a few favorites and plenty of pictures to prove it. What an amazing show, please please, please go check it out. You won't be disappointed, unless you know you absolutely hate fashion.
My recommendations for visiting the High Museum of Art:
- Try to go during the week in the afternoon when it is less crowded
- Check on their site to see what exhibit is opened and what one is coming up
- Wear comfy clothes
- Bring your camera and Journal with you
- Bring a friend for a girls day out
- Go by yourself for some quite time
- Pick out three pieces of art you absolutely love and write about them
- Take silly selfies with some of the "Modern" art pieces (see picture above)