I'm sure you've seen countless articles on yoga and the benefits. While yoga isn't for everyone, It's true once you fall in love with it you'll always have it in your life. Yoga is a great way to get fit and/or stay in shape and even tone up. I love it bc it beats running on a treadmill watching other people look like certified gym goers and I'm over here going..."30 min that's good."
I was never a person who got excited by getting sweaty in a gym or running for miles. ( I do like to jog occasionally) It just would get boring and I would lose momentum and motivation.
Yoga has given me a lot and I'm super thankful that I got into it. I now can successfully do a push up, which was a great accomplishment for me, I'm the champion of the "girlie" ones. Not to mention that it gives you the most excellent yoga bootie. Hehe
Why I love yoga:
- Detox: yoga increases the flow of oxygenated blood flow and stimulates your digestive organs as well as your kidneys and Liver.
- Balances hormones: helps bring systems into balance, especially your endocrine system.
- Helps to overcome control: let go of outcomes, surrendering to the present moment and teaches stillness and peace.
- Improves concentration: by practicing focus. For ex. Focusing on your breath.
- Become more grounded: you're connecting to the earth and balancing your root chakra.
- Ignites creativity: Not just with the artistic side but yoga can help with creative problem solving and thinking.
- Boosts confidence: you're strong, balanced and focused. All the tools you need to boost your confidence routine.
- Increases your intuition: yoga helps to calm your mind and still your fears. This helps with anxiety and creates space for the infinite.